November 12 to 14, 1999
We tour the Valiant Yacht Factory at Cedar Mills, Lake Texoma, TX
Valiant Yachts Factory Website
See our next visit to the Factory
Back to our Homepage
Valiant Owners' Discussion Group Website
Our Host, Rich Worstell - President of Valiant Yachts
The main factory building
The travel lift at the factory
The hull mold for the Valiant 42
Inside the Factory, The hull mold for the Valiant 50
- Buzz Priestly, VP Marketing, Valiant Yachts, explains the molding process for the hull of the Valiant 50 to Mary.
Another view of the hull mold for the Valiant 50
- Buzz explains to Mary how fiberglass parts are molded.
Examining the rigging
Inside the rigging shop
Inside the machine shop
- note all the templates for the stanless fabrications.
The interior bowsprit reinforcement
- You could pick up the boat up by the bowsprit!
The hull/deck seam in cross section
The hull timbers in cross section
Three hulls under construction
- 2 V42s on the left and a V50 (hull 105) on the right. The partially completed deck for the 50 is to the right.
Looking inside the partially completed hull of V50105
The Hull timbers in place in V50105
- note also the grounding system, engine and genset beds
Bill inspects the hull timbers of v50105
Inside a V42 under construction
Buzz explains the bulkhead/hull joinery to Mary
Engelenbak and a new, almost completed V42
Engelenbak - Mary at the setee on the port side of the main salon
Engelenbak - Buzz on the starboard side of the main salon
Engelenbak - Buzz at the Nav station
Mary and Bill at the Helm
Sailing - Mary at the helm - looking aft from the bow
The legendary Fred
The fully battened main
What Shall We Do?????
Click here for the answer.....
A fond farwell to the marina